Acer XP Mantara Square Driver
Bold, symmetrical, sleek, powerful … and straight
Face: 6-4 Titanium
Body: 100% Titanium
Finish: Royal Blue
Bold, symmetrical, sleek and powerful.
Inspired by the enormous, but graceful manta ray, the clubhead takes on a “square-like” shape. Why? All in an effort to move more weight further from the center of gravity (or out toward the outermost perimeter of the head) creating a slightly high moment of inertia over a traditional shaped driver. In layman’s terms it is to provide a straighter, more accurate shot off the tee.
The large 460cc head with multi-sculpted crown and sole will catch the eyes of your playing partner’s and boost your confidence at address.
See first-hand how the shape of woods in the future can help you play better today.
Available RH 10.5 and 12 degrees, LH 10.5 degrees.
Choice of shafts – see section below.
Better equipment = Lower Scores
|Loft? ||Lie? ||Head|
|10.5||59 ||198||1? closed||59||460||45||RH/LH|
|12||59 ||198||1? closed||59||460||45||RH|
Before you select the shaft to go with the Mantara Square clubhead please read the following write up. It will help you select the right shaft.
- The shaft is the engine of your driver. It does not matter how expensive a clubhead you have – if the shaft is not right for your swing, the results will not be satisfactory.
- The faster your clubhead speed at impact, the greater the distance. To maximize club head speed and distance, you should play the lightest shaft you can without losing control. The key here is ‘without losing control’. A 300 yard drive is of no use if it is out of bounds.
- Ball flight is affected by several factors like loft, ball position, angle of attack and wrist position at time of impact. A tip flexible shaft can help increase launch angle while a stronger tip can help produce a penetrating ball flight.
- Lighter weight shafts in general are more active than heavier shafts. All things being equal a lighter shaft will give you longer distance on center hits. It will be off more on off-center hits. Take into consideration how stable your swing is. The more stable and accurate your swing and swing path, the lighter the shaft you should consider. The more load you apply to the shaft at the last quarter of the swing, the lower the torque and heavier the shaft needs to be.
- Newton’s Second Law:
Newton’s second law is one of the laws of physics that applies to golf.
F = m a
I = m r2
T = (m r2 ) A
F=force, m=mass, A=rotational acceleration, a=linear acceleration, r=radius, I=inertia, T=torque
- Moment of Inertia (MOI):
MOI is the term applied to a clubhead’s resistance to twisting when the ball is struck. It is more important on off center hits. If you hit the ball on the toe of the clubhead, a clubhead with a higher MOI will twist less as a result of the miss hit, creating a better chance that the ball will still go straight or at least not deviate too much from it’s intended path.
Torque is a shaft’s resistance to twisting during a golf swing. A higher torque rating means the shaft twists more and too much torque can lead to the head turning.
- The longer the shaft, the bigger the head or the heavier the club head, the higher the moment of inertia. The higher the MOI, the higher the torsional load applied to the shaft. Therefore, if you are using a big head or an extra long shaft and have a high swing speed, you need to consider using a lower torque shaft to compensate for the extra load applied to the shaft.
Here are the shaft options we have configured for you.
Yards with Driver
|75-85||210||Synchron ZT Featherlight ||60||6.5||High||A/L/R/S||None|
For young boys and girls, seniors and ladies who may have a slow but smooth swing
|85-95||230||Aldila VX ||87||5.0||Mid-High||R/S||None|
For men and women who have a fast but smooth swing and prefer a heavier shaft
|85-95||230||Acer X Class Orange ||68||5.0||Mid||A/L/R/S||None|
For men and women who have a fast and smooth swing and prefer a lightweight shaft for faster swing speed. This is the default.
|95-105||250||True Ace Green Ghost||67||3.5||Low-Mid||R/S||+$14|
For those who have a fast swing but not much control
|105-115||270||True Ace Blue Crush||62||2.9||Mid||R/S||+$22|
For strong hitters who really whack the ball
*A = Active (young boys, seniors), L = Ladies, R = Regular, S = Stiff, X = Extra Stiff
The swing speed to distance ratios above are not related to this driver or shaft. These are averages, i.e., an average person with this swing speed will hit the ball so far with an average driver on center hits. We hope with this driver and the right shaft, you will do better.
When making payment, in the comments/notes section of the order form, mention your preferences for driver loft, shaft make/model and flex. Otherwise, the default will be shipped which is the right hand 10.5? loft with the Acer X Class Orange shaft in regular flex.
Grip: Karakal X-Tack Red/Black grip
The X-tack is manufactured with a combination of polyurethane and fiber layers which makes the grip feel firm but comfortable and provides shock absorption. The final polyurethane coating insures a long lasting tacky feel even in wet conditions.
Core Size(in): 0.600
In case we have confused you, you will get a complete driver that includes the Mantara Square head, a shaft of your choice and the Karakal X-Tack grip, fully assembled. All the above write up is to give you a better understanding of what you are getting. You are not ordering parts but a complete driver assembled with the shaft of your choice.
Questions & Customization:
We can customize the shaft flex, length, type and grips. If you have customization requirements or a related question, feel free to contact us.