Synchron II Fairway Woods
Compare features, performance, and price with Adams® Tight Lies at $199 each. Why Buy the Adams Tight Lies when you can get the Synchron II for a fraction of the price. You’ll like these.
Material: 17-4 stainless steel
Choice of eight lofts
Synchron II Fairway Woods are one of our most popularof all time because of their proven ease of play. These feature a shallow face, which lowers the center of gravity for improved trajectory and playability. Our exclusive rail design allows a clean shot even in thick rough. Stronger lofts help carry distance.
Better equipment = Lower scores
Individual clubs – order one or more
Before you select the shaft to go with the Synchron II Fairway Woods, please read the following write up. The best thing is to let a Pro Shop analyze your swing with a computerized launch monitor. But if that is not convenient, the following information will help you select the right shaft.
- The shaft is the engine of your . It does not matter how expensive a clubhead you have – if the shaft is not right for your swing, the results will not be satisfactory.
- The faster your clubhead speed at impact, the greater the distance. To maximize club head speed and distance, you should play the lightest shaft you can without losing control. The key here is ‘without losing control’. A 300 yard shot is of no use if it is out of bounds.
- Ball flight is affected by several factors like loft, ball position, angle of attack and wrist position at time of impact. A tip flexible shaft can help increase launch angle while a stronger tip can help produce a penetrating ball flight.
- Lighter weight shafts in general are more active than heavier shafts. All things being equal a lighter shaft will give you longer distance on center hits. It will be off more on off-center hits. Take into consideration how stable your swing is. The more stable and accurate your swing and swing path, the lighter the shaft you should consider. The more load you apply to the shaft at the last quarter of the swing, the lower the torque and heavier the shaft needs to be.
- Newton’s Second Law:
Newton’s second law is one of the laws of physics that applies to golf.
F = m a
I = m r2
T = (m r2 ) A
F=force, m=mass, A=rotational acceleration, a=linear acceleration, r=radius, I=inertia, T=torque
- Moment of Inertia (MOI):
MOI is the term applied to a clubhead’s resistance to twisting when the ball is struck. It is more important on off center hits. If you hit the ball on the toe of the clubhead, a clubhead with a higher MOI will twist less as a result of the miss hit, creating a better chance that the ball will still go straight or at least not deviate too much from it’s intended path.
Torque is a shaft’s resistance to twisting during a golf swing. A higher torque rating means the shaft twists more and too much torque can lead to the head turning.
- The longer the shaft, the bigger the head or the heavier the club head, the higher the moment of inertia. The higher the MOI, the higher the torsional load applied to the shaft. Therefore, if you are using a big head or an extra long shaft and have a high swing speed, you need to consider using a lower torque shaft to compensate for the extra load applied to the shaft.
Here are the shaft options we have configured for you.
Yards with Driver
|75-85||210||Synchron ZT Featherlight||60||6.5||High||A/L/R/S||None|
For young boys and girls, seniors and ladies who may have a slow but smooth swing
For men and women who have a fast but smooth swing and prefer a heavier shaft.
|85-95||230||Apollo Ultralight Shadow||62||5.0||Mid||A/L/R/S||None|
For men and women who have a fast but smooth swing and prefer a lightweight shaft for a faster swing speed. This is the default.
|95-105||250||True Ace Green Ghost||67||3.5||Low-Mid||R/S||$14|
For those who have a fast swing but not much control
|105-115||270||True Ace Blue Crush||62||2.9||Mid||R/S||$22|
For strong hitters who really whack the ball
*A = Active (young boys, seniors), L = Ladies, R = Regular, S = Stiff, X = Extra Stiff
When making payment, in the comments section of the order form, mention your preferences for shaft make/model, flex and hand. Otherwise, the default will be shipped out which is the Apollo Ultralight Shadow in regular flex for right handed players.
In case we have confused you, you will get a complete club that includes the Synchron II Fairway Wood(s), a shaft of your choice and a grip. All the above write up is to give you a better understanding of what you are getting. You are not ordering parts but a complete club(s) assembled with the shaft of your choice.
Questions & Customization:
We can customize the shaft flex, length, type and grips. If you have customization requirements or a related question, feel free to contact us.